Join Pastor Nikki for this two-part adult Sunday school: A Tale of Two Births, the Christmas Stories in Matthew and Luke. We’ll meet December 1 and 8 and look at the differences (and similarities) between the stories of Jesus’s birth in Matthew and Luke. We’ll ask questions like:
- Why don’t the Gospels of Mark and John include the birth story?
- Wait, the wise men and the shepherds aren’t part of the same story?
- What is a baby supposed to do with gold, frankincense and myrrh?
- Why do the angels visit shepherds instead of kings?
- What about Jesus’s cousin, John the Baptist and his birth story?
- Will there be cookies at this adult Sunday school?